Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Coolest Law Prof in the Biz

Paul Horwitz wants to know who the coolest Law Professor in the academy is. Coolness, of course, is another area where youngins have an advantage over my elder colleagues, who probably still think that The Village People are the grooviest thing in music. Or something like that. The point is, they are old and crotchety, and I am young and fresh.

Anyway, as much as I'd like to nominate our benefactor, there is someone who--to my mind--blows away the competition. In terms of sheer coolness, nobody tops Paul Butler.

Nominate your own candidates.

1 Comments:

Blogger Toonzie said...

Better late than never I'm going to take it upon myself to nominate Prof Jim Chen, the Godfather of the Jurisdynamics Network, as the "Coolest Prof. in the Biz." Not withstanding the depth and breadth of his scholarly work (I encourage you all to check out some of it out Here); his appreciation and command of technology is impressive but not dorky, he's as aware popular culture phenomena as his twenty-something year old research assistants (if not more aware), he makes great jokes in class, and as I've recently discovered has great taste in music. And music is the single greatest litmus test for coolness that I know of.

9/19/2006 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home