Wednesday, December 06, 2006

David's J.L. & Cool Stuff (Vol. 1)

I tend to wander across a variety of law articles in my mindless meandering on the internet. I figure, why not share it with all y'all? Disclaimer: Putting an article on this list does not constitute endorsement. In most cases, it doesn't even mean I've read it. It just means it caught my eye. In this case, the Godsil and Hanson & Hanson articles were both utilized in my summer research work.

Randall Kennedy, Marriage and the Struggle for Gay, Lesbian, and Black Liberation, 2005 Utah L. Rev. 781.

Rachel D. Godsil, Race Nuisance: The Politics of Law in the Jim Crow Era, 105 Mich. L. Rev. 505 (2006).

Jon Hanson & Kathleen Hanson, The Blame Frame: Justifying (Racial) Injustice in America, 41 Harv. C.R.-C.L. L. Rev. 413 (2006).

Jack M. Balkin, Deconstruction's Legal Career, 27 Cardozo L. Rev. 719 (2005).

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I can't speak for the others, but the Godsil piece is a must read for anyone interested in Southern race relations, and the very peculiar (considering Jim Crow) juducial outcomes in the nuisance cases she examines.

12/06/2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home